Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Nineteen days until arrival at Heathrow to set sail on my year long exploration of the outside world. Having been cocooned in my South West London bubble for the last 7 years it feels liberating and a little bit disconcerting that I'm about to be let loose to roam foreign lands, armed only with a Swiss Army knife and some flip flops with a bottle opener on the sole (perfect!).

Having managed to spunk most of my savings in the last 2 months saying bye to everyone I've got a feeling my ass may well be up for rent by the time I leave Thailand (too much competition there). How I'm going to make my limited piggy bank stretch (not an anal reference) to 12 months and 4 continents is anyones guess but i'm up for the challenge and raring to go.

This 'Blog' (down with the travelling kids now) will track my adventure and act as a reference point for any of you lot who are bored enough at work or interested enough to see what i'm getting up to. I'll try and keep it lively and inform of entertaining experiences more than factual visitations but I guess you can be the judge of that.

Anyway that's the intro done, now it's off to try and come up with some sort of plan and find out what I need to take. Look after London my legends, look after the ladies simsy and Tommy if you could give my room a bit of a makeover and spring clean i'll see you in a year darling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home