Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Highs and Lows

December madness over, tiptoed into Laos
Slipped in as sun was rising, quiet as a mouse
My 3 month stint in Asia is drawing to a close
What a great adventure full of highs and lows.
I'll start with the lows and get to the pluses
At five in the charts has to be the buses
I know I may rant but they're fucking annoying
And at times on this trip it's almost been soul destroying
At four in the list has to be rice
After 3 months here now it's no longer nice.
Ko samui mings and is straight in at three
Full of sex tourists and bumboys, just not for me
At two is Phangan which may be a surprise
But for all the good it brings it's a sore on the eyes
And the most annoying thing on this trip to this day
Is the utter disappointment of our trip to Halong Bay
One of the places in Asia I was most excited to see
And we were completely let down by our tour company.
But enough of the low points let's get to the highs
What was it that brought most pleasure to my eyes
At five seeing Tommy for two weeks in the sun
Was exceptional timing and we had some great fun
The Cambodian experience comes in at four
Beach was astounding and Angkor Wat dropped the jaw
There are so many memories of Christmas on Phi Phi
That i'll treasure forever and that comes in at three
Cu chi tunnels and Saigon were spots that had most effect
And the Vietcong and Vietnamese have my utmost respect
But my number 1 experience of this whole 3 month trip
Is taking the plunge and leaping off that ship
Overcoming the obstacles and learning to dive
Is number 1 in the list and made me feel truly alive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home