Saturday, January 06, 2007

Papa Smurf signs out in style

Not only do I considerably raise the age limit on the island of Ko Phangan but it has to be said I definitely bring something to the party. Amidst the boy band lookalikes, the gorgeously svelte super model waif like women and the tree hugging potheads a couple of giant smurfs took to the beach for the first full moon party of 2007 and my last ever visit to Ko Phangan. I feel like I know the place back to front and when you end up with it reminding you of Blackpool you remember why you left the place in the first instance.

However after a 2 week bender over Christmas and New Year it would be rude not to carry it on a couple of extra days and so we did just that as we headed back to this hedonistic wonderland. Our team of 6 had been bolstered by a clingon Ozzy chick, a couple of Tobeys mates and the arrival of John and Jodie from home and we had a good squadron for our celebrations. After one last fling we were all off on our seperate ways again, mostly not to be reunited until returning home so we ensured this one went off with a bang and 20,000 people made this the busiest party i've been to yet with absolute madness on the beach.

The paparazzi were in full force and forget that twat Doherty trying to steal the limelight, it was the smurfs that were the true reason for their arrival and I shit you not we did not get a minutes peace all night! Had a blinder of a night and partied far too hard until collapsing back in my bed at 5.30am, another early departure in these parts from old man Freel.

Next day was a shocker and to be honest every one of the days since has been terrible. However there was one more thing I needed to do before leaving for Bangkok and with the hangover to kill all hangovers I ventured to the Bamboo Tattoo parlour and duly branded my body with a lifetimes image which I am convinced will look sensational when I hit my fifties/sixties and if I get any further than that will continue to look great!

Am now back in Bangkok for a couple of days recuperation and am still trying to look over my shoulder and see what the bloomin thing looks like. All accounts from trusted friends here have been positive but time will tell when I get home to you lot who I know best whether or not my travelling mark still entitles me to a position in the front row!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home