Sunday, February 11, 2007

Return of the Space Cadet

So come on open the book and have a look, who said 3 months and 2 weeks? It was always gonna happen and after safely negotiating the 4 main countries of SE Asia with most things (bar a couple of cameras, shoes and shades) in tact, I finally went and did the full monty. Cue a sporadic all day session with an old mate from school (fergy), England beating the kiwis to qualify for the one day final and twenty seven beers later I left my bag in the cloak room of The Gaff nightclub (think infernos mixed with the Planet in Coventry). The eyesight had gone just shortly after the Miss Wet T-Shirt comp at midnight so when I stumbled out at 4.30am there was no hope my bag was coming with me. Awaking at 2pm the next day I called the club and to my surprise they said they had it there. So I scurried down and found the place at 4.30pm and lo and behold the bag had vanished. After 24 hours waiting for them to view video footage, share the profits and publish a book of poems they finally told me there was no hope of locating it!

Contents of bag included:

- Ipod with 85 freshly downloaded albums on (sorry Tommy!)
- Digital camera number 3 with all Oz snaps and some from Laos lost
- Passport (kind of important)
- Tickets (also a big deal)
- Manila Gorilla T Shirt (anyone who knows me well enough will know this hurt)
- Oakley sunglasses (a quid from Khoa San Road)
- Gay flowery blue Sarong (a blessing)
- Lees spare house keys (Oops - this also resulted in me waking him and missus at 4.30am on weds morn)
- 2 A4 folders containing all of the writing bar this blog that I have done in the last 4 months, about 50 poems some of which will open a few eyes and my entire travel journal of about 60 pages to date. Mind you this may be my only chance of ever getting anything published so could be a blessing.
- An orange
- Half a bottle of water
- Headache tablets
- The Dice Man book

So all in all quite a collection! I've managed to get a new temporary passport ($150), new tickets ($50) and have yet to get through to my insurance company but have only tried once and it was 5am English time! Hopefully this has amused you all and probably not surprised you all one bit. I am down to one bag now and it's pretty light but life is a lot duller sans Ipod, Camera and Poems! Am off to NZ tomorrow morning away from this smelly city of theft and depravity. Never liked the bloody Aussies, smug bastards! Anyway they never had ipods and cameras and stuff in't olden days so my travelling is old school from now on in.

PS - After packing today I found out that my passport was not actually in the bag I lost. It's currently in my room but unfortunately it has now been cancelled and i'll have to hand it back in to the British consulate with 8 years left on it to run and all my nice visa stamps inside! Absolute space cadet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home